Backyard Poultry October/November 2019
Backyard Poultry October/November 2019 • 14/5 is NOW AVAILABLE! Subscribe for stories on turkey processing, guinea-chicken hybrids, winter shelter and water-heating options, PLUS a new health feature co-written by a medical professional and a university poultry specialist.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
• All Cooped Up: Coryza
• Flock Files: Coryza
• Whole Roasted Duck
• Muffin Mania!
• Step-by-Step Turkey Processing
• Thanksgiving’s Wishbone Traditions Have a Long History
• Reader Requested Feature: Lighting in the Coop
• Guinea Fowl-Chicken Hybrids
• 3 Herbs to Heal and Prevent Chicken Respiratory Infections
• Cheep Chicken Treats
• Broody Hens: A Frequently Undervalued Asset
• Flock Files: How to Break Up a Broody Hen
• How to Paint Feathers
• My Inexpensive, Low Energy, Automatic Chicken Water Heater
• Goose Shelter Options
• Poet Wordsworth’s Chickens
• The Case of the Missing Chicken
• Coop Inspiration: Sneed Acres
• Secret Life of Poultry: Our Old Place Farm
• Breed Profile: Golden Comet
IN EACH ISSUE
• From The Editor
• Photo Essay — Ivey’s Chicken Shack
• Coming Events
• Reader Submitted Letters: Something To Crow About
• Poultry Talk
• Flock Photos
• Backyard Poultry Bookstore
• Breeders Directory/Classifieds
• Just for Fun
JOIN US ON OUR SOCIAL CHANNELS:
Connect and share ideas with backyard poultry owners like you and watch for new stories on our social channels!
• Facebook.com/backyardpoultry • Instagram.com/backyardpoultrymag
• Pinterest.com/poultrymagazine • Mewe.com/p/backyardpoultry
Include #backyardpoultrymag for a chance to have your pics shared on our feed.
Subscribe now and don’t miss another issue!