Backyard Poultry April/May 2021
Add to Favorites
Backyard Poultry April/May 2021 — 16/2 is in homes March 11th, but digital and All-Access subscribers can read it NOW! Subscribe to for stories on sick chicks, dangers in the coop, why using broody hens to hatch guinea keets results in a quieter flock, PLUS art with eggs! Backyard Poultry
TABLE OF CONTENTS
• Photo Essay: Holistic Hens
• Shirred Eggs • Fiesta Chicken and Rice • The Egg: A Perfect Canvas for Carving
Carved eggs sold at The Feathered Nest at Windy Corner. Photo credit: Beth Ann Magnuson.
Natural Dyes for Coloring Your Eggs • Frescoes • Hens Lay in the Funniest Places! • Dangers in the Coop
• Sick Chicks: 7 Common Diseases You May Encounter
• Flock Files: Sick Chicks • Raising Turkey Poults in a Healthy Brooder Environment • Hatching Guinea Keets Under Broody Hens
Clementine with her guinea keets. Photo credit: Angela Greenroy.
• Keeping Rheas • Chicken Side Businesses • 10 Things Every New Chicken Owner Should Know • Taking Chicken Pictures • Cluck and Collect • Breed Profile: Langshan Chicken
Blue Langshan pullet. Photo credit: © The Livestock Conservancy
• Avoiding a Cat-Astrophe • Chickens Paid the Price • Reader Submitted Feature: Boris and Natasha • Coop Inspiration: DIY Pallet Coop • Homesteading Library
Boris and Natasha. Photo credit: Jay Winslow.
IN EACH ISSUE
• From The Editor
• Coming Events • Reader Submitted Letters: Something To Crow About • Ask the Expert • Flock Photos • Backyard Poultry Bookstore • Breeders Directory/Classifieds • Just for Fun
JOIN US ON OUR SOCIAL CHANNELS: Connect and share ideas with backyard poultry owners like you and watch for new stories on our social channels! • Facebook.com/backyardpoultry• Instagram.com/backyardpoultrymag • Pinterest.com/poultrymagazine Include #backyardpoultrymag for a chance to have your pics shared on our feed.