Backyard Poultry October/November 2010
October/November 2010 • 5/5
TABLE OF CONTENTS
• Housing: “Coop DeVilla” My Recycled Trailer
• Culling to the Standard
• Is Medicated Feed Safe for Consumption?
• Fueling Our Poultry’s Energy
• Clear Out the Cobwebs
• I Like Chickens: Sadly, So Does Mr. Fox
• Proper Fencing CAN Protect Poultry
• Frizzles: One of Our Odd “Breeds”
• The Midget White Turkey: Thinking Outside the Box
• Ocellated Turkeys: Southern Cousins of the USA’s Wild Turkeys
• Culling for Breed Diversity: Why Breed? Why Cull?
• Homestead Poultry Butchering
• Build Your Own Small-Scale Chicken Plucker
• Pick Your Plucker
• The Gifts of a Flock
• Why Did the Chicken Cross the Road? Because Peter Carried It!
IN EACH ISSUE
• From The Editor
• Coming Events
• Reader Submitted Letters: Something To Crow About
• The Answer Man
• Family Album
• Backyard Poultry Bookstore
• Gertrude McCluck
JOIN US ON OUR SOCIAL CHANNELS:
Connect and share ideas with backyard poultry owners like you and watch for new stories on our social channels!
Include #backyardpoultrymag for a chance to have your pics shared on our feed.